Charity & Nonprofit Reviews
Community Justice Initiatives of Waterloo RegionKitchener, Ontario, Canada
A non-profit organization, known world-wide as having started the first Restorative Justice program. They provide services in conflict resolution, group support for persons impacted by sexual trauma, and reintegration support for women returning to the community from prison through a weekly community engagement program (Stride Night) and reintegration support circles. All CJI programs are founded on principles of Restorative Justice, a way of addressing conflict and crime that engages the person who caused the harm, people who were affected by the harm, and the community.
(4.9/5) - Submitted: 03 22 2011
I have loved sitting down with people and helping them through the crisis/conflict that they find themselves in. The staff at CJI are great, and they are always willing to lend a listening ear or give advice on how to approach a case. They have ongoing Peer Support nights that help educate and get to know the other mediators. Awesome Experience!
1. How would you rate your volunteer experience overall?
2. Would you recommend that others volunteer for this charity/nonprofit?
3. Please choose your level of agreement with the following statements:
- I was adequately supported : Strongly Agree
- My opinion was valued : Strongly Agree
- My volunteer work was valued/appreciated : Strongly Agree
- I felt safe : Strongly Agree
- Staff were well managed : Strongly Agree
- Programs were well managed : Strongly Agree
- It was a pleasant environment to volunteer in : Strongly Agree
- My volunteer work made a difference : Strongly Agree
- Finances were well managed : Don't Know
- There was strong leadership : Agree
4. If you received an orientation, how would you rate your volunteer orientation?
5. What did you LEAST like about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
6. What did you like BEST about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- Networking/meeting new people
- Making a difference (eg. in community, lives of others)
- Learning (including new skills)
- Personal Growth
- Unique opportunity
- Gained career experience (add to resume)
7. Why did you choose to volunteer for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- To contribute to the community
- To use personal skills and experiences
- To learn new skills
- To contribute to my resume
- Personal growth
- To make a difference
8. Did you meet your personal volunteer goals?
Back to Charity Reviews» - Back to Community Justice Initiatives of Waterloo Region Reviews»