Charity & Nonprofit Reviews
The New QuarterlyWaterloo, Ontario, Canada
The New Quarterly is a magazine of Canadian fiction, poetry, and conversation, primarily about the writer’s craft. Their mandate is to nurture emerging writers by publishing and promoting their work alongside that of well-established writers, and to provide an editorial context in which both can be read. They try to balance serious consideration of matters literary with playfulness and invention. To learn more, please visit: http://www.tnq.ca/
(3.6/5) - Submitted: 06 14 2012
Interesting experience. Lots of nice people, office staff tries very hard. Encourages discussion and feedback, but ultimately resistant to change.
1. How would you rate your volunteer experience overall?
2. Would you recommend that others volunteer for this charity/nonprofit?
3. Please choose your level of agreement with the following statements:
- I was adequately supported : Agree
- My opinion was valued : Agree
- My volunteer work was valued/appreciated : Agree
- I felt safe : Strongly Agree
- My volunteer work made a difference : Strongly Disagree
- It was a pleasant environment to volunteer in : Agree
- Programs were well managed : Agree
- Staff were well managed : Agree
- Finances were well managed : Agree
- There was strong leadership : Agree
4. If you received an orientation, how would you rate your volunteer orientation?
5. What did you like BEST about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- Learning (including new skills)
- Personal Growth
- Unique opportunity
6. What did you LEAST like about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- Felt that I was not making a difference
- Resistance to change
7. Do you have any suggestions for improvement?
8. Why did you choose to volunteer for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- To contribute to the community
- To learn new skills
9. Did you meet your personal volunteer goals?
Back to Charity Reviews» - Back to The New Quarterly Reviews»