Charity & Nonprofit Reviews
Casa Canadiense Community Development CentreToronto, Ontario, Canada
Casa Canadiense (“Canada House”) is a Canada-Nicaragua partnership to support community development initiatives in Nicaragua. It is an entirely volunteer-run organization, with a centre and four staff in Managua, Nicaragua and a governing board and countless volunteers mainly based in Toronto, ON, Canada. It exists to educate Canadians on world issues, through the microcosm of Nicaragua. Several high school groups a year are able to take a trip to Nicaragua in order to experience life in one of our Nicaraguan partner communities and better understand the hardships and joys of life in Nicaragua, the obstacles the country faces, the people that are its future and also explore wealth, poverty and inequality in a global and cross-cultural context. Casa Canadiense also supports grassroots community development projects that are devised and overseen by local community leaders. These projects most often have an educational focus.
Volunteer: toronto (at) thecasa.ca
(5/5) - Submitted: 04 26 2012
It was the most amazing and life changing experience.
1. How would you rate your volunteer experience overall?
2. Would you recommend that others volunteer for this charity/nonprofit?
3. Please choose your level of agreement with the following statements:
- I was adequately supported : Strongly Agree
- My opinion was valued : Strongly Agree
- My volunteer work was valued/appreciated : Strongly Agree
- I felt safe : Strongly Agree
- My volunteer work made a difference : Strongly Agree
- It was a pleasant environment to volunteer in : Strongly Agree
- Programs were well managed : Strongly Agree
- Staff were well managed : Strongly Agree
- Finances were well managed : Strongly Agree
- There was strong leadership : Strongly Agree
4. If you received an orientation, how would you rate your volunteer orientation?
5. What did you like BEST about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- Making a difference (eg. in community, lives of others)
- Learning (including new skills)
- Personal Growth
- Helping a good cause
- Sense of accomplishment
- Sense of belonging
- Recognition of my efforts
- Fun experience
- The organization's staff
- Leadership of the organization
- Unique opportunity
- Travel opportunity
- Gained career experience (add to resume)
6. What did you LEAST like about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
7. Do you have any suggestions for improvement?
8. Why did you choose to volunteer for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- To contribute to the community
- To network/meet new people
- To learn new skills
- Personal growth
- To make a difference
9. Did you meet your personal volunteer goals?
Back to Charity Reviews» - Back to Casa Canadiense Community Development Centre Reviews»