Charity & Nonprofit Reviews
Learning it Together (LiT)London, Ontario, Canada
Learning it Together (LiT) is a dynamic, volunteer-driven health promotion program that aims to improve early literacy, numeracy, and healthy living skills through mentorship and role modeling. LiT pairs a university age mentor with a London elementary school student of lower socio-economic status in grades one or two and guides them through a unique eight-week after school program. Together in a group setting, mentors and their buddies participate in our fast-paced, interactive program designed to challenge students to learn and grow through play. The program is free of charge for participating children.
(4.6/5) - Submitted: 02 09 2012
LiT is awesome!
Learning It Together is a great program and a fantastic experience to be a part of. It is a great way to help educate kids and really feel like they are learning. I look forward to it every week just as much as the kids do!
1. How would you rate your volunteer experience overall?
2. Would you recommend that others volunteer for this charity/nonprofit?
3. Please choose your level of agreement with the following statements:
- I was adequately supported : Strongly Agree
- My opinion was valued : Strongly Agree
- My volunteer work was valued/appreciated : Strongly Agree
- I felt safe : Strongly Agree
- My volunteer work made a difference : Strongly Agree
- It was a pleasant environment to volunteer in : Strongly Agree
- Programs were well managed : Agree
- Staff were well managed : Agree
- Finances were well managed : Agree
- There was strong leadership : Agree
4. If you received an orientation, how would you rate your volunteer orientation?
5. What did you like BEST about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- Networking/meeting new people
- Making a difference (eg. in community, lives of others)
- Personal Growth
- Sense of accomplishment
- Fun experience
- The organization's staff
6. What did you LEAST like about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
7. Do you have any suggestions for improvement?
8. Why did you choose to volunteer for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- To contribute to the community
- To use personal skills and experiences
- Personal growth
9. Did you meet your personal volunteer goals?
Back to Charity Reviews» - Back to Learning it Together (LiT) Reviews»