Charity & Nonprofit Reviews
Learning it Together (LiT)London, Ontario, Canada
Learning it Together (LiT) is a dynamic, volunteer-driven health promotion program that aims to improve early literacy, numeracy, and healthy living skills through mentorship and role modeling. LiT pairs a university age mentor with a London elementary school student of lower socio-economic status in grades one or two and guides them through a unique eight-week after school program. Together in a group setting, mentors and their buddies participate in our fast-paced, interactive program designed to challenge students to learn and grow through play. The program is free of charge for participating children.
(5/5) - Submitted: 02 08 2012
I've worked with a few charities and this has been the most rewarding experience of my life. I really feel like I'm making a difference in these children's lives!
1. How would you rate your volunteer experience overall?
2. Would you recommend that others volunteer for this charity/nonprofit?
3. Please choose your level of agreement with the following statements:
- I was adequately supported : Strongly Agree
- My opinion was valued : Strongly Agree
- My volunteer work was valued/appreciated : Strongly Agree
- I felt safe : Strongly Agree
- My volunteer work made a difference : Strongly Agree
- It was a pleasant environment to volunteer in : Strongly Agree
- Programs were well managed : Strongly Agree
- Staff were well managed : Strongly Agree
- Finances were well managed : Strongly Agree
- There was strong leadership : Strongly Agree
4. If you received an orientation, how would you rate your volunteer orientation?
5. What did you like BEST about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- Making a difference (eg. in community, lives of others)
- Personal Growth
- Helping a good cause
- Sense of accomplishment
- Sense of belonging
- Fun experience
6. What did you LEAST like about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
7. Do you have any suggestions for improvement?
8. Why did you choose to volunteer for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- To contribute to the community
- To volunteer with a friend
- Personal growth
- To make a difference
9. Did you meet your personal volunteer goals?
Back to Charity Reviews» - Back to Learning it Together (LiT) Reviews»