Charity & Nonprofit Reviews
Philip Aziz CentreToronto, Ontario, Canada
Philip Aziz Centre (PAC) is a non-profit, home hospice program providing practical, physical, emotional and spiritual support for people living with cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-limiting illnesses.
(4.7/5) - Submitted: 02 09 2011
Volunteering is food for the soul!
I volunteered for the Philip Aziz Centre for a year and a half before I was hired to help their volunteer department. From the incredible in-depth training to field work, the whole experience has contributed to my personal growth and happiness. It's an amazing organization doing much needed and important work in Toronto
1. How would you rate your volunteer experience overall?
2. Would you recommend that others volunteer for this charity/nonprofit?
3. Please choose your level of agreement with the following statements:
- I was adequately supported : Strongly Agree
- My opinion was valued : Agree
- My volunteer work was valued/appreciated : Strongly Agree
- I felt safe : Agree
- My volunteer work made a difference : Agree
- It was a pleasant environment to volunteer in : Agree
- Programs were well managed : Strongly Agree
- Staff were well managed : Strongly Agree
- Finances were well managed : Strongly Agree
- There was strong leadership : Strongly Agree
4. If you received an orientation, how would you rate your volunteer orientation?
5. What did you like BEST about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- Making a difference (eg. in community, lives of others)
- Learning (including new skills)
- Personal Growth
- Helping a good cause
- Sense of accomplishment
- Fun experience
- The organization's staff
- Leadership of the organization
- Gained career experience (add to resume)
6. What did you LEAST like about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
7. Why did you choose to volunteer for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- To contribute to the community
- To use personal skills and experiences
- To learn new skills
- To contribute to my resume
- Personal growth
- To make a difference
8. Did you meet your personal volunteer goals?
Back to Charity Reviews» - Back to Philip Aziz Centre Reviews»