Charity & Nonprofit Reviews
Frontier College (London)Toronto head office; Multiple locations Nationally, Ontario, Canada
Frontier College is a Canada-wide non-profit literacy organization, founded in 1899. They train volunteer tutors to work with children, youth, and adult learners to improve their literacy skills. In London, volunteers tutor at 10 partner organizations.
(5/5) - Submitted: 01 19 2012
I began volunteering at Frontier College a few months ago. Although it hasn't been that long, I feel as though I have learned so much. Volunteering with the SHAC program has been an amazing, eye-opening experience. The children are all so talented and enthusiastic. Seeing them and all the other volunteers was the highlight of my week!
1. How would you rate your volunteer experience overall?
2. Would you recommend that others volunteer for this charity/nonprofit?
3. Please choose your level of agreement with the following statements:
- I was adequately supported : Strongly Agree
- My opinion was valued : Strongly Agree
- My volunteer work was valued/appreciated : Strongly Agree
- I felt safe : Strongly Agree
- My volunteer work made a difference : Strongly Agree
- It was a pleasant environment to volunteer in : Strongly Agree
- Programs were well managed : Strongly Agree
- Staff were well managed : Strongly Agree
- Finances were well managed : Strongly Agree
- There was strong leadership : Strongly Agree
4. If you received an orientation, how would you rate your volunteer orientation?
5. What did you like BEST about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- Making a difference (eg. in community, lives of others)
- Learning (including new skills)
- Personal Growth
- Helping a good cause
- Sense of accomplishment
- Fun experience
- The organization's staff
- Unique opportunity
6. What did you LEAST like about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
7. Do you have any suggestions for improvement?
8. Why did you choose to volunteer for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- To contribute to the community
- To use personal skills and experiences
- To learn new skills
- Personal growth
- To make a difference
9. Did you meet your personal volunteer goals?
Back to Charity Reviews» - Back to Frontier College (London) Reviews»