Charity & Nonprofit Reviews
Frontier College (London)Toronto head office; Multiple locations Nationally, Ontario, Canada
Frontier College is a Canada-wide non-profit literacy organization, founded in 1899. They train volunteer tutors to work with children, youth, and adult learners to improve their literacy skills. In London, volunteers tutor at 10 partner organizations.
(4.9/5) - Submitted: 01 10 2012
Helping ChildrenReviewed By: undefined u
I have been with frontier now for 2 years and it has been a great experience. I am an Organizational Team Member for a SHAC program, run by London Intercommunity Health Centre and it is great. I like being able to create lasting relationships with the children and see them growing and learning. It is so nice to see a lot of other volunteers who are passionate about making a change. Frontier is great, especially if you enjoy tutoring and want to share your knowledge with others.
1. How would you rate your volunteer experience overall?
2. Would you recommend that others volunteer for this charity/nonprofit?
3. Please choose your level of agreement with the following statements:
- I was adequately supported : Agree
- My opinion was valued : Strongly Agree
- My volunteer work was valued/appreciated : Strongly Agree
- I felt safe : Strongly Agree
- My volunteer work made a difference : Strongly Agree
- It was a pleasant environment to volunteer in : Strongly Agree
- Programs were well managed : Strongly Agree
- Staff were well managed : Strongly Agree
- Finances were well managed : Strongly Agree
- There was strong leadership : Strongly Agree
4. If you received an orientation, how would you rate your volunteer orientation?
5. What did you like BEST about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- Making a difference (eg. in community, lives of others)
- Personal Growth
- Helping a good cause
- Sense of accomplishment
- Sense of belonging
- Fun experience
6. What did you LEAST like about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
7. Do you have any suggestions for improvement?
8. Why did you choose to volunteer for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- To contribute to the community
- To use personal skills and experiences
- Personal growth
- To make a difference
9. Did you meet your personal volunteer goals?
Back to Charity Reviews» - Back to Frontier College (London) Reviews»