Charity & Nonprofit Reviews
Oasis Soup KitchenKitchener, Ontario, Canada
OASIS is a soup kitchen where volunteers help with preparing and serving meals for 60-150 people. The Food Bank is also the home of Meal Exchange, a program that gets students involved in unique projects to raise awareness of hunger and to raise food for needy groups in the local area.
(4.9/5) - Submitted: 01 08 2011
Monthly meal maker (through community group)
A self-organised group of friends goes to Oasis once a month to prepare and serve a dinner meal. I participated in this initiative for about two years, and it was the highlight of my volunteer experience. Oasis volunteers (and staff) that would assist with our group each month were helpful, supportive, and inspiring. The kitchen is well run, and the meals were really appreciated by the community they served. I would encourage others to either join the OASIS organisation as a volunteer or form their own community group to serve a meal once a month.
1. How would you rate your volunteer experience overall?
2. Would you recommend that others volunteer for this charity/nonprofit?
3. Please choose your level of agreement with the following statements:
- I was adequately supported : Strongly Agree
- My opinion was valued : Strongly Agree
- My volunteer work was valued/appreciated : Strongly Agree
- I felt safe : Strongly Agree
- My volunteer work made a difference : Strongly Agree
- It was a pleasant environment to volunteer in : Strongly Agree
- Programs were well managed : Strongly Agree
- Staff were well managed : Strongly Agree
- Finances were well managed : Don't Know
- There was strong leadership : Don't Know
4. If you received an orientation, how would you rate your volunteer orientation?
5. What did you like BEST about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
6. What did you LEAST like about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
7. Why did you choose to volunteer for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
8. Did you meet your personal volunteer goals?
Back to Charity Reviews» - Back to Oasis Soup Kitchen Reviews»