Charity & Nonprofit Reviews
Project 417Several Locations, Canada
Project417 volunteers meet the homeless where they live - out on the street, in shelters or drop-ins, and food banks across Canada and the US.
Volunteer: info (at) project417.com
(5/5) - Submitted: 03 24 2011
Sandwich runs for the homelessReviewed By: Giulia F
I have been volunteering with Project417 for almost 5 years now. It's more than just delivering bagged lunches to the homeless, it's about breaking down barriers and opening the lines of communication and showing these people that someone cares. Volunteerism should start close to home, and what better charity then to help the homeless who live on the streets of our city.
1. How would you rate your volunteer experience overall?
2. Would you recommend that others volunteer for this charity/nonprofit?
3. Please choose your level of agreement with the following statements:
- I was adequately supported : Strongly Agree
- My opinion was valued : Strongly Agree
- My volunteer work was valued/appreciated : Strongly Agree
- I felt safe : Strongly Agree
- Staff were well managed : Strongly Agree
- Programs were well managed : Strongly Agree
- It was a pleasant environment to volunteer in : Strongly Agree
- My volunteer work made a difference : Strongly Agree
- Finances were well managed : Strongly Agree
- There was strong leadership : Strongly Agree
4. If you received an orientation, how would you rate your volunteer orientation?
5. What did you LEAST like about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
6. What did you like BEST about volunteering for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- Networking/meeting new people
- Making a difference (eg. in community, lives of others)
- Personal Growth
- Helping a good cause
- Sense of accomplishment
- Recognition of my efforts
- Fun experience
- The organization's staff
- Leadership of the organization
- Unique opportunity
7. Why did you choose to volunteer for this charity/nonprofit? (please feel free to select more than one option)
- To contribute to the community
- Personal growth
- To make a difference
8. Did you meet your personal volunteer goals?
Back to Charity Reviews» - Back to Project 417 Reviews»