About Charity Republic
What is Charity Republic?
We love volunteers and promoting community engagement, so we created...
- Hour Republic: A volunteer and co-op solution for students to track activities + much more!
- A forum for volunteers to share their experiences with a charity or nonprofit
- A place for people who are searching for volunteer opportunities to read what other volunteers have to say
- A blog about charities and volunteering!
- Charity reports that summarize volunteer feedback (anonymous of course)
A Canadian-based social enterprise that launched in December 2010, our mission is to connect people who strive to make a positive impact on the world through community involvement. We aim to help volunteers reflect on their experiences with a charity or nonprofit and to help potential volunteers find the most rewarding opportunities possible.
How did it all start?
Popy’s boundless curiosity and drive to help others prompted her to shift away from an established role in the health sector (as an Epidemiologist, BSc MSc), towards charity. An avid volunteer since she was 12 years old, Popy has volunteered both locally and internationally in India, Kenya, and Italy. Her ‘career’ as a volunteer has helped her identify the challenges related to volunteering, something Popy now addresses in her current role. As the Founder of Charity Republic, Popy works closely with charitable organizations and volunteers across Canada to broaden the impact of volunteering.
Founder & President, Charity Republic
It takes a village and here are some of our amazing advisors!
Bruce Martin, PhD
Lecturer in Management at University College Dublin